Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day Two: Sleep Training

Verdict from last night, umm let's call it a draw. Desmond slept from 9:30 to 2:30!! That was a great 5 hrs, even if I kept poking my head over the edge of the crib to check on him with his every grunt. Mark eventually took my shoulder, laid me back down and actually scolded me! He told me to go to sleep and stop worrying because we both know Des would let us know - loudly - when he woke up and I'd better take advantage of this long stretch to get some real rest. 

Well wake me he did! I was pleasantly surprised by how fast he ate and went back down. Two and a half hours later though he decided he'd had enough of the crib and after many attempts to calm him and put him back down, Desmond won and made it into our bed. BUT he did sleep until 8:30! 

This is definitely progress so I'm calling it a draw since he still made it into our bed. With the 5 hrs I got last night I may even extend this 3 day experiment to a 4th! I know this long sleep stretch can be a tease like when he slept through the night a few weeks ago, but I'm going to stay hopeful/delusional, lol. 

Other changes on the way, little man will be moving his pack n play from our room to his nursery tonight. The hope is that this momma can hopefully get a bit of sleep when he is down and stop cracking an eye open with every grunt or other noise he makes - which is pretty much a near constant serenade. 

Here's hoping tonight goes just as well, if not better! 

I think a photo is the best way to end this post. This was waking up from nap time since it was still too dark for a pic, and he was kinda pissed, when he woke up to get out of the crib this morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment